Need some ideas of fun things to do with your dog in Melbourne? Your sitting there with those big brown eyes staring at you pleading with you for your undivided attention. Hell yes! how can you say no? And you don’t want to! But while your furry companion maybe thinking
“can we go to the park and sniff a whole lot of random bum holes and eat poo together??? you’ll love it! pleeeeeeeeease!”.
You may not think so. So I’m here for you with some ideas of fun things to do with your dog in Melbourne (otherwise known as a doggy date day!) that you will BOTH enjoy.
1. Sun is shining? Why not a picnic in the park. No longer is it only you that can revel in cukcake goodness. Now it is ‘one for me and one for you’ kind of deal thanks to clever little business’s such as The Melbourne Pawtisserie.
2. The sun not out to play. Well not all is lost. Timeout Melbourne have already done a great job at putting together a extensive list of dog friendly pubs around Melbourne. You get enjoy a wine or beer with a friend and your pup will be lavished with affection with those around as who doesn’t love a dog in a pub.
3. I’m 100% sure that if you are reading this then your pup has a ridiculously good life. Not all awesome dogs (and they are all awesome) are blessed with equally awesome humans. So, get together with other like minded people with their pups and raise money for the dogs whose lucky streak hasn’t kicked in just yet.
Perhaps one of the biggest and well known is the Million Paws Walk run by the RSPCA but if you look up your local dog shelter or rescue organisation you will find they are always having pet friendly events to raise money for the amazing work they do.
4. Love wine but don’t do tours very often as a whole day away from the pup when you feel that you don’t spend enough time with them already is too much. Well the folks at Gourmet Paw Prints have got you covered. That’s right you can combine your love for wine and quality time with the pup with Doggy Winery Tour!
5. Photo project with your furry companion.
With most pets these days having their own Instagram feed it is not unusual for us to get snap happy with our pets. But what about a themed project? Something that in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years time you can put together in a photo book and it will have a consistent theme or feel about it that you will have forever. A photo in the same angle and space in the backyard everyday from puppy to adult. Swanky Sweater Sunday. 365 belly scratching facial expressions. Dressed in all the different colours of the rainbow. Let your imagination go wild. And let be honest, being a good photo subject always equals extra head rubs, being lavished with affection and/or treats, so what pup doesn’t love having their photo taken when it means they have their owners undivided attention. Well… ok, there is bound to be the exception.
6. Get your pet’s portrait done. Yep, getting your pets portrait done is a bloody awesome way to spend some quality time with your pup. Giggles will always ensure as it’s never goes as planned (of course) but it always works out and the result is a piece of art that will have pride of place in your home forever. For more on this more perhaps more unusual doggy date read on here ⇒ Pet Portrait Art
If all else fails, head rubs on the couch should never be over looked as a ridiculously good way to spend a lazy Sunday doggy date day.
This is a pretty quick list, and will add to it in the future. But what ideas do you have for anyone brainstorming what to do on their doggy date day??? Share below!