Angie – Pet Artist
Tid bits about me…
♦ It was after having my tarot cards read that I moved back to Melbourne and enrolled in the Diploma of Photo-Imaging.
♦ I happy dance in private… a lot.
♦ I call myself a creative pet photographer but would rather call myself “someone who captures a fur child’s personality, juggles around with it in post production and ends up with a piece of art for their humans that is a touch weird, a whole lot of quirky and totally unique”. But that’s grammatically incorrect…and a mouthful.
♦ Lentil is my happiness generator and muse. Outwardly seen as a ridiculously cute chocolate mini-lop, but inwardly is a hyperactive sloth. When you meet him, you will understand.
♦ I discovered that I was a water diviner in Coober Pedy, and added it to my resume as a joke. But then forgot to take it off. I still got the job.
♦ Sweet potato fries are my soul food and obsession. No sweet potatoes in the pantry equals mild anxiety on my part and an immediate trip to the shops.
♦ The joy that pets bring to their humans is a constant inspiration
♦ I’m constantly researching local cafes. Others call it me actively avoiding cooking, but I don’t care.
I’m a proud accredited member of the AIPP. You can read more about what it means to be a professional photographer by clicking on the logo
Some braggy stuff…
- Named Australian AIPP Animal/Pet Photographer of the Year ← Click to read about it on the blog
- Australian AIPP Professional Photography Awards – 1 x Gold Distinction Award, 2 x Silver Distinction awards and 1 x Silver Award
- Earned my Associate Level within the AIPP
- Victorian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 3 Gold awards and 1 Silver Award.
- Victorian AIPP Pet/Animal Photographer of the Year Finalist
- Featured in South Korean Pet Magazine ‘Life and Dogue’
- Became an accredited member with the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photographers)
- Featured in Capture Mag as an Emerging Artist
- Australian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 1 Gold with Distinction, 2 x Silver with Distinction and 1 x silver award
- Named 2017 AIPP Australia Pet/Animal Photographer of the Year
- Named Australian AIPP Emerging Photographer of the Year ← Click to read about it on the blog
- Australian AIPP Professional Photography Awards – 1 Gold with Distinction Award, 1 Gold Award and a Silver with Distinction Award
- Victorian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 2 Gold awards and 1 Silver Award.
- AIPP Victorian Emerging Photographer of the Year ← Click to read more about it on the blog
- Victorian Epson Signature Worthy Award – for the Wicked Magician
- Included in Capture Magazine’s ‘The Annual’ in the Emerging Category
- Victorian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 1 Silver, 1 Gold award, & 1 Gold with distinction award
- AIPP Victorian Emerging Photographer of the year Runner-up. Read more about the PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS
- Polaroid Resurrection Exhibition. In both Melbourne, Malaysia, and Ballarat International Foto Biennale
- Anterior Exhibition in Ballarat International Foto Biennale
- Australian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 3 Silver with Distinction awards
- AIPP Australian Emerging Photographer of the year Runner-up.
- Victorian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards –2 Silver awards & 1 silver distinction
- AIPP Victorian student photographer of the year Runner-up
- Australian AIPP Epson Professional Photography Awards – 2 Silver awards & 1 silver distinction
- AIPP Australian Student Photographer of the year – Runner-up
- NMIT Industry Award –Folio of the Year
- Anterior Exhibition and Virtu Exhibition
Supervisor – Muse – Happiness generator
Lentil is a happiness generator without even trying with his crazy antics and big thumper feet.
While his ability to stop running before hitting walls is still developing, Lentil is able to con you into endless head rubs with ease. Luckily, he has accepted having a pet photographer as a Mum and happily struts his stuff… for a treat or two.
But mostly Lentil just occupies his time with being awesome
(ok, ok. So it won’t be Lentil answering the phone or email… that would be weird, right?)